Happy Fat Pants

The Hutchinsons' Loverly Ride Together

Friday, March 24, 2006

Aquino (1)

This post will (I hope) be followed by others. Consider this an intro. For a slightly more geekified post on Aquino/Aquinum, see here.

Last Monday, Abbey, Kirk, Allison, and I got an early start to head down to Aquino. Ok, a moderately early start. Ok, it was in the morning, at least. Anyway, the reason we were going there is that Abbey's maiden name is Aquino and, well, you see, her familial forebears took the name of their old Italian town as their new last name when they got to the U.S. (anyone who's seen Godfather II knows what I'm talking about). Here we are on the train.

Allison: 'I'm so excited! I love trains!'

Eric: 'Yeah, you heard the newsflash right, Walter Cronkite. I am too cool for school.'

Kirk: 'Why is it so dark in here?'

Abbey: 'I'm so excited!!! Yipee, yipee, yipee! Do you think I'll find any seventh cousins thrice removed?'

The train station served three different communities:


Ok. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home