Happy Fat Pants

The Hutchinsons' Loverly Ride Together

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Christmas!

I figure that I'd better leave some of these Christmas pictures for Allison to post, but Vancenation put up a few pics that reminded me that i at least needed to get a couple up....Ok, scratch that. I'm only putting one up, because the rest aren't on the computer yet. So here is holiday fun in visual form:

Next to the poinsetta you can see a type of cake called 'pandoro', which means 'golden bread'. It was on sale at Sidis (our neighborhood grocery store) AND came with a big packet of confectioner's sugar. Sweet, on at least two levels.

And now for the section called 'In Other News'. You can see a couple of posts below that we've been having some exploits with our sink. I thought I'd almost gotten it fixed, but I misjudged its teeth-clenching determination to stay clogged. Now trouble has been added to trouble: while toying with some Christmas lights the other night, I attempted to plug them into an extension cord we found in a drawer in the house. This cord was obviously defective, as I realized when I nearly electrocuted myself and blew the fuse in the apartment. No electrocution occurred, but darkness ensued. When sufficient lighting was recovered (via opening the circuit box and flipping switches indiscriminately until the lights came back on), we realized that a couple of outlets didn't work, including the one into which the washing machine was plugged in the selfsame bathroom as the clogged sink (thankfully we were able to plug it in somewhere else). Then, last night, after removing the laundry to place it on the registers to dry, we realized that they were cold. So when I almost set myself on fire, apparently it did something to the heater as well. This heater, not surprisingly, is in the same bathroom as the clogged sink and one of the non-functioning outlets.

All this is to say that a call must be placed to the lord of the manor, who, I hope, will do some things with tools--you know: hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, that sort of thing--and will restore our bathroom to its former grandeur, and our apartment to its former warmness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home