Happy Fat Pants

The Hutchinsons' Loverly Ride Together

Monday, November 28, 2005

For All Those Dante Lovers Out There

And I know there are at least a few of you. Allison and I went to Florence last weekend, as I mentioned a few days ago, and I'm just getting around to getting some of the pictures up. It was a great time; they were starting to put up Christmas decorations in the city, though for the most part the lights hadn't been turned on yet.

But back to Dante. We've been reading his Inferno lately, and we had the opportunity to see some of the old haunts of the Florentine poet.

Here is what is thought to have been his house while he resided in Florence, now a museum (which we had hoped to see on Monday, but it was closed):


His bust on the outside of the building:


An adjacent street now named after him:


And the tomb of Beatrice, in the tiny neighborhood church where Dante is said first to have seen her:

2 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

As a Dante lover, I appreciate this post! I'm posting a link at saranike. Thanks!

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Eric said...

Cool! I had you in mind with the opening Dante comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home