Happy Fat Pants

The Hutchinsons' Loverly Ride Together

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Here's What Rome Thinks of Your Little 'Reformation'!!!

Ok, maybe not, but I still thought this was funny. This is a shot of a doorway to a building adjoining Santa Maria del Popolo. The building was formerly an Augustinian convent and is where Martin Luther stayed during his mission to Rome in 1511, and it is now apparently being used (and whether this is a subliminal message to the reformer, I know not!) as some sort of soccer museum, with a gian FIFA poster over the doorway, containing a picture of, I believe, Pele.

2 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I think Martin Luther wouldn't have a chance to beat Pele at a soccer match. Pope Benedict probably would get schooled too, keep us posted if FIFA gets posters up at the Vatican.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Eric said...

Yeah, if I suddenly see one draped across the front of St. Peter's, or if the dome is suddenly painted to look like a soccer ball, I will definitely let you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home