Happy Fat Pants

The Hutchinsons' Loverly Ride Together

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Update: Heated Goodness and Uncloggery

So I called our landlord last night. Well, actually I called twice. The first time I called (using the cell phone number) I talked to his wife, or, rather, I said a couple sentences of broken Italian (after telling her about the sink, I think I just kept repeating, 'We blew a fuse! We blew a fuse!'), and then she send a bunch of stuff in really fast Italian. I gathered that I was supposed to call their home number sometime after 8.

So, after Allison's fantastic artichoke lasagna, I called back. That was a little better, since he speaks some English. He said he'd come today at 9:30.

So he did. It took him approximately 2 or 2 and one-half minutes to fix the stuff that Dum-Dum Eric spent a few hours on. For the fuse, he just pushed one switch really hard. I had pushed this switch, but not really hard, because, well, I was afraid to. For the sink, his technique was this: he covered one hole on the back of the basin with a plastic grocery bag and then assaulted the drain with a plunger. Voila! No clog. But he did recommend one more treatment of Mr. Muscolo.

So anyway. The heat is back on, my socks are probably close to being dry, and Allison might stop wearing my coat around the apartment now.

Happy as clams.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the apartment woes are under control for now...and your socks are dry. I have a hard enough time trying to explain to my condo maintenance guy that my bathroom outlet doesn’t work I have a feeling that if he only spoke Italian then all I'd be able to stare blankly at him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home