Happy Fat Pants

The Hutchinsons' Loverly Ride Together

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Very important things

Thing one, work. I am writing right now from the desk of my new job. I'm in week three and having a great time. I'm one of several English editors hired to assist in the Italian to English (I step in once the translation is complete) translation of a 5 volume work on Hydrocarbons produced by the Istituto Della Enciclopedia Italiana. If you know anything about my resume you will find this as funny as I do. Human services to hydrocarbons--natural progression I think not. Side note: the office is 3 blocks from the Pantheon, and one block from the best candy shop in Roma.

Thing two, ponytails. Eric is sporting one now. I think I will wait on posting a picture so that you can all make a mental image first.

4 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

From the OED, the history of "ponytail" in print:

1872 TROLLOPE Eustace Diamonds (1873) II. xxxiv. 100 ‘How a man can like to kiss a face with a dirty horse's tail all whizzling about it...’ ‘I haven't even a *pony's tail,’ said Lucy. 1952 Sun (Baltimore) 23 Feb. 2 The panel of high-school boys and girls discusses the latest teen-age fashions, including..the pony tail. 1954 J. TRENCH Dishonoured Bones iv. 150 She pulled her own hair back and fastened it into a pony-tail. 1957 New Yorker 16 Nov. 104/2 The young lady..was wearing a ponytail hairdo. 1971 M. SPARK Not to Disturb iii. 88 She loosens her hair which has been pulled back, pony-tail style. 1975 New Yorker 28 Apr. 31/2 She, too, had her hair in a ponytail, held by a rubber band. 1977 Time 30 May 40/3 The counter-culture ponytail is gone, sacrificed to the heat of arena lights and the sizzling sweat of the fast-break pace.

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al, this is perfect movement into your new career as a rocket scientist. Congrats!

And this ponytail action...humm...mental picture has it slicked back...or maybe curly...please tell me there are no scrunchies involved. I'll wait for photos.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just decided on Eri's Christmas present- scrunchies. Maybe American flag ones. Look for them by St. Patrick's day!!

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Eric said...

if you send me american flag scrunchies, you also better send me black sleeveless harley t-shirts with things like eagles and flames on them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home