Happy Fat Pants

The Hutchinsons' Loverly Ride Together

Monday, January 16, 2006

Fon-Dos and Do-Nots while Eating in Zurich

While in Zurich, we had occasion to eat from time to time. Now, I knew going into it that eating out in Zurich could be more expensive than in, say, Arkansas. But I guess I just didn't know how much more. One day we went to this place to eat lunch:


We went there to eat fondue, a Swiss specialty and favorite in winter. It was very, very good, and we couldn't finish all of it. Here's the total amount of stuff we ordered for four people: four bowls of soup; two bottles of water; and one giant pot of melted cheese, which was accompanied by two big baskets of breadcrumbs.

The bill? CHF (Swiss francs) 158!!! I don't know exactly how much that is, but I think it's around $130. My jaw would have hit the floor when the bill came, except that the bottom of my mouth was still stuck to the top by a tasty conglomeration of melted cheese mortar with a bread crumb fill. Priceless. Ok, not exactly--kind of the opposite, I guess.

On the outside wall of the building, there was a cool painting of the city:


All for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home