Happy Fat Pants

The Hutchinsons' Loverly Ride Together

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Berries That Almost Fit in a Straw

The other day, Allison mentioned the fragolini of Nemi, tiny little strawberries that look just like big strawberries, only--wait for it--tinier, and burst with fruit flavor. Here is the way that some places serve them: covered by whipped cream, ice cream, some sort of strawberry sauce (I just realized I don't like the word 'sauce' very much), all served in an edible waffle-cone bowl. And yes, it is exactly as good as it sounds...and looks:

2 Comments:

At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is absolutely beautiful! Looks better then cannoli?

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

i loved hearing about the little berries-- took me back to my time in italy, 4 yrs ago. i loved them so much i took pictures both times i ate them, each with a giant smile on my face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home