Happy Fat Pants

The Hutchinsons' Loverly Ride Together

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Athens Terrorism

These are our friends Nick and Joanie at their wedding this past summer. As you can see, they are possibly the most photogenic couple on earth. This is especially evidenced by the fact that in the second picture, in spite of their having gotten MARRIED that day and having stood in front of cameras almost constantly, they still look totally put together, while Allison's eyes are closed and my hair looks not all that dope.


Anyway, that was by way of introduction. They're spending the year in Athens while Nick studies at the American School of Classical Studies there, so when I heard about the rocket attack on the U.S. embassy last week, I emailed Nick to get his first-hand account. Here is part of his email:
So the American School is about a 5-10 minute walk or so from the US embassy...on my walk from my apartment to the school I have to cross the major street that they were talking about and the point that I cross the street is about a 2 minute walk from the embassy

We had a trip to Eleusis this morning and I had to be at the school at 7:30 am and I probably crossed that street at 7 am or so...everything was blocked off and there were cop cars everywhere...I had no clue what had actually happened until later in the day...it took our bus about an extra hour to get out of the city because there was so much traffic

Let's hope nothing else like that happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home