Happy Fat Pants

The Hutchinsons' Loverly Ride Together

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Stray Cat Strut

Our landlord decided that he didn't want us to have a dog, but was ok with us getting a cat, so...today we did. The day's journey took us far and wide in the Philadelphia area. We started out at our place in West Philly, went to church out on the Main Line, then drove up to North Philly to an animal shelter (and went by Rasheed Wallace's high school on the way!); their pickins were a little slim, so we drove down to a pet store in South Philly that was hosting an adoption event with animals from that same shelter, and there we found the cat that we're now calling Adrian. Yes, that sounds like a funny name for a cat at the moment, but we're hoping to get a playmate for her at some point in the future and are planning to name him Rocky. She's a sweet little cat, and so far seems to like to be around people. Here are a few pictures of her.



8 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that you two were anti-cat? Enter a trip to 142 Browning where E&A encounter a smokey feline with a spunky 'tude. He was not ours, we were simply cat-stting. We all need the companionship of the non-biped variety...opposable thnubs are optional. Congrats! We are jealous. See you guys soon-K

PS SSSHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is...opposable thumbs. whatever.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Eric said...

No, man--not anti-cat, just very pro-dog. Your baby-sat cat did have a 'tude, though, fo' sho'. Or else he really just enjoyed SPRINTING (league, Bodine?) from one room to the next whenever anyone entered. And no need to be jealous--animal control is practically giving animals away--you could go home with one today!...though I don't know if they're giving any be-thumbed animals away. So they might not be able to flush a toilet.

Looking forward to seeing y'all too. Apparently our wives have pretty much been taking care of all the coordination. This is both appreciated and a bit worrisome--because if you and I end up spending half the weekend 'shopping', 'getting manicures', and having 'girl talk'...well, I don't know what I'll do.

P.S. SSSHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! is right.

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fire up cats and thumbs. I certainly agree that my lack of involvement in planning the coming weekend has been ok. So if we end up @ a day spa, you won't hear me complaining. My nails are atrocious you know. Looking forward to it...and to meeting your yo ADRIAN! see ya-K

 
At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so NOT a cat person, but she looks likable. When Rocky completes the duo I expect pics running around Philly like the movies. Happy parenthood.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Hi Eric,

Loooong time no see. I really enjoy your blog and thought I'd pop in to tell you so. Kirk shared the link with me early this summer when I asked you were doing. I would have commented a long time ago, but I didn't think I had a blogger identity. Apparently one has formed for me along the way. I loved reading about your time spent in Italy. You are so good at blogging. I can't ever think of anything clever to offer the world. Anyway, glad to see you are doing so great. Take care! Nicole Notario-Risk

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm jealous! I want a cat and/or dog but we can't have pets in the apartment.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Nicole! Great to hear from you. It has been a long time--too long. Are you still in the greater Grand Rapids area? And how are those rapids, anyway?

Anyway, hope all is well--comment early and often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home