Happy Fat Pants

The Hutchinsons' Loverly Ride Together

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

Ok, actually it was when I was on my way to the library. But first, some background.

A few weeks ago a friend from church gave me a copy of NBA Live 2005, a game for the computer, which happens to be awesome. Though I haven't been able to watch any Pistons games yet this season, I can simulate some NBA action on the PC. Allison and I were doing this one night when she decided that it would be funny to write a letter to the Pistons on my behalf (a la Letters from a Nut--remembering giving me that book, Kathy?). So she wrote it and sent it.

Lo and behold, the Pistons responded with alarming speed:

They included a letter that mentioned Darko:

And a bunch of stickers, basketball cards, schedules, and a picture!

What an organization! Go Pistons!!!

5 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Vanessa said...

Sweet. I just told all the Piston fans at work. Al, what did your letter say?

 
At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! Al, you are such a nice wife to pen a fan letter to someone other than the New Kids on the Block =)

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny! I always knew that Joe Dumars was a good guy - and he can sure run an organization too! (He's my all-time favorite NBA player, by the way). Do you think they might send me something if I wrote them? THere is little pistons coverage in Columbus ohio. People 'round here hate all things Michigan.

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric-
You heard the man...GO TO WORK!! You guys are so lucky. I tried to approach Darko for an autograph and all he did was stare blankly at the paper...he was just too tall.
K-ROK

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Eric said...

Well, Darko IS really tall. But you're also a lot older than he. So maybe he was intimidated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home